African Fashion Week 2018 Designers Application
This form is only for designers and not for vendors. Vendors must register via vendor's application page
Showcasing & Exhibiting: 11am – 10pm
2018 African Fashion Week Designer Application
Registration + Fees
We request that designers register as soon as possible to secure a spot in AFWNC 2017 main event fashion show on Saturday, September 8, 2018. Spots in the fashion show are available on a first come, first served basis. All fees must be paid in full to be listed as a showcasing designer. The fees associated the showcasing and exhibiting at AFWNC 2018 are as follows:
- Showcasing only – Designer will participate in AFWNC 2018 Final Fashion Show and in the Shop the Runway Pop-Up after the show.
- Fee: $100
- Showcase + Exhibiting – Designer will participate in fashion show, Shop the Runway Pop-Up, and Afro Marketplace 2018.
- Fee: $150
Payment can be submitted via afwnc.com or Eventbrite. Should designer decide to no longer participate in the show, written cancellation request must be received by August 18th, 2018. Cancellation will not be acknowledged by AFWNC unless is it received in writing. The date on which the notice is received will apply as the official date of cancellation.
The showcasing and exhibiting designer fee includes:
- Participation in the AFWNC 2018 Finale Fashion Show
- Participation in the Shop the Runway Pop-Up after the fashion show (designers will provide their own table and rack – see below for details about the Shop the Runway Pop-Up)
- Models with full hair and makeup
- Meet The 2018 Designers email/social media blast
- AFWNC 2018/Designer specific promotion
- Professional photography and videography
- Each non-designer exhibitor/vendor will be assigned a designated 8’ X 8’ exhibiting/selling space on the day of the event upon arrival and will not be allowed to extend beyond their designated area.
- Exhibitors/Vendors will need to provide their own table – tables should the standard 6’ tables. Non-designer exhibitors/vendors may also have a small rack and 2 chairs; all must be able to fit within the 8’ x 8’ designated space with no “spill-over.”
- Exhibiting designers and non-designer exhibitors/vendors are allowed to have one assistant.
- There will be designated vehicle loading/unloaded areas at the front of the venue; designers, exhibitors/vendors will need to move their vehicles to the parking deck after loading and unloading
LINK to detail information, Terms, and Condition is https://www.afwnc.com/2018-afwnc-terms-and-conditions/
The Durham Fruit: 305 S. Dillard St Durham, NC 27701
Time: 11am – 5:30pm & through the fashion show